‘Bigger than Savinho and Marmoush’ – Tottenham may havethird major signing planned

Wait 5 sec.

Tottenham Hotspur could have an even bigger surprise in store after securing Savinho and closing in on Omar Marmoush, with one journalist suggesting the club may not be finished there.Fabrizio Romano confirmed on Thursday that Tottenham’s plan is to sign two wingers and a striker this summer, with Savinho and Cody Gakpo identified as the two wide targets alongside a new central striker.Later that day, Spurs reached an £85m agreement with Manchester City for Savinho and have since turned their attention to the second part of their double raid, Omar Marmoush. The Egypt international has already agreed personal terms with Tottenham on a five year contract and is reportedly very keen to work under Roberto De Zerbi.An agreement between the two clubs has been described as ‘very close’ and could be completed in the next few days, potentially taking Tottenham’s summer spending towards an incredible £400m. However, one journalist believes Spurs could still have something even bigger planned.Photo by Simon Stacpoole/Offside/Offside via Getty ImagesTottenham could have another major signing plannedAccording to The Independent’s chief football writer Miguel Delaney, Tottenham “may yet go bigger than Savinho and Omar Marmoush”, as he revealed in his Inside Football newsletter.The obvious name in this context would be Cody Gakpo, given Romano has already outlined Tottenham’s plan to sign Savinho, Gakpo and a central striker, which is turning out to be Omar Marmoush.Gakpo has been heavily linked with Spurs throughout the summer, although Marmoush has taken most of the attention over the last couple of days. Romano has nevertheless insisted that the Dutchman’s situation remains open. “It’s not over at all, the summer transfer window for Tottenham. I always told you Savinho, Gakpo, and a central striker. Savinho is done. Gakpo: we will talk in the next few days,” he said.If it is not Gakpo, then Tottenham could potentially have another attacking target completely under the radar. With the transfer window now entering its final week, we should have a much clearer idea of Spurs’ plans very soon.Several things must happen before Cody Gakpo can join TottenhamGakpo has already agreed personal terms with Tottenham and is believed to be very keen on the move, but Liverpool have proved extremely difficult to negotiate with because the forward remains part of their plans.Some journalists now believe a move could be particularly difficult after Gakpo impressed during Liverpool’s pre-season and the club’s belief that new manager Andoni Iraola can get the best out of him.Tottenham are yet to submit an offer, although that could change if Liverpool complete moves for Paris Saint-Germain duo Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye. The arrival of either player would increase competition for Gakpo’s position and could potentially make Liverpool more receptive to selling.Even then, Spurs would have to meet Liverpool’s ‘premium’ valuation, previously reported at £72m, with no indication that they are prepared to accept less.READ MORE: How Tottenham feel about hopes of signing Omar Marmoush after agreeing personal termsThe post ‘Bigger than Savinho and Marmoush’ – Tottenham may have third major signing planned appeared first on Spurs Web.