The first plane carrying more than 160 deportees from the United States touched down in Cap-Haitien, Haiti, on Thursday.This marks the first large-scale removal of Haitian nationals following the Trump administration’s successful effort to terminate Temporary Protected Status for approximately 350,000 Haitians who had been living and working in America for years.#HAITI: A deportation flight from Miami, Florida, brought 161 Haitians to Cap-Haïtien on Thursday, while rights groups press Haiti to prepare for the potential return of more than 300,000 former beneficiaries of the Temporary Protected Status programme. pic.twitter.com/40iscKzld1— CaribbeanNewsNetwork (@caribbeannewsuk) August 21, 2026The flight, which originated in Alexandria, Louisiana, and stopped in Miami before arriving in northern Haiti, was the first deportation operation to the Caribbean nation since 2023 and follows the Supreme Court’s late-June decision clearing the way for the policy change.Many of the deportees on board wore white clothing and covered their faces when they arrived, claiming they fear the gang violence that currently controls an estimated 70 percent of Port-au-Prince and large areas beyond the capital.The main international airport in Port-au-Prince is still too dangerous for commercial flights, and America has a ban in place through early September, so Cap-Haitien was used as the landing point.Haitian migration officials offered the returnees up to $65, along with food and water, and promised temporary housing for those unable to reach their destinations immediately.Temporary Protected Status for Haitians was first granted in 2010 after an earthquake but had been repeatedly extended under prior administrations.The Trump administration moved to end the designation, arguing conditions in Haiti no longer met the statutory criteria for temporary protection.After the Supreme Court ruled in the government’s favor, a federal judge in Washington formally lifted remaining roadblocks on August 5, clearing the path for removals.Some of the deportees included individuals who had completed prison sentences in the United States.One returnee, Jean Diane Louis, told the Associated Press that he left Haiti at age five, had family in New York, and claimed he was deported without further questioning after serving a 19-year prison term for an unspecified crime.“Then ICE came and took me without questioning me,” Louis told AP. “They just sent me here.”The flight is expected to be the first of many as Immigration and Customs Enforcement ramps up removals.The post First Flight of Deportees Lands in Haiti After Trump Ends Temporary Protected Status for Hundreds of Thousands of Them appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.