The Minister for Roads and Highways, Governs Kwame Agbodza, says less than 20 kilometres of clearing work remains on the Accra-Kumasi Expressway before the project reaches Kumasi.Mr Agbodza said the project had made significant progress and was now only a short stretch away from connecting with the Kumasi Orbiter, also known as the Kumasi Ring Road.“We have less than 20 kilometres. I’m sure we have maybe around 10, 15 kilometres to hit Kumasi itself,” he said on Friday, August 21, 2026.The Minister said the progress would pave the way for the expressway to connect with key road infrastructure around Kumasi.Contractor back on siteMr Agbodza also announced that Kofi Job Construction Limited had returned to site and was making progress on the project.“Since then, the contractor, Kofi Job, has returned to site and is doing very well,” he said.He explained that the contractor was nearing completion of one section of the road before moving to the other side, expressing confidence that the remaining works would be completed.Asantehene’s supportMr Agbodza acknowledged the support and guidance of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, on road infrastructure development in the Kumasi enclave.He said the Asantehene had previously stressed the need to complete roads around the area to facilitate the operationalisation of the Sewua Hospital, which is expected to serve as a regional hospital for Kumasi.The Minister also expressed appreciation to the Ghana Armed Forces for their support during the clearing exercise and thanked the Asantehene for his continued counsel and support for road development in the Ashanti Region.