De Zerbi explains Dejan Kulusevski’s recovery as Mo Kudus nears Tottenham return

Wait 5 sec.

Tottenham boss Roberto De Zerbi has provided a fitness update on Swedish international Dejan Kulusevski.Roberto De Zerbi‘s Tottenham Hotspur squad is beginning to take shape ahead of the 26-27 campaign. Spurs have already secured the services of seven players, while there could still be more new signings.On the injury front, several players are also close to full fitness, with De Zerbi giving positive updates on five of his injured players ahead of the Brentford game.Still, several other Tottenham stars remain out and continue to work their way back to full fitness ahead of the Premier League season.Credit: @thefrederikkejensen / InstagramRoberto De Zerbi reveals where Dejan Kulusevski is in his recovery process at TottenhamOne such player is Dejan Kulusevski. The Swedish international has been out of action for over a year, but has since returned to outdoor training earlier this month.While many Tottenham fans are eager to see the return of the versatile midfielder, head coach Roberto De Zerbi has revealed that such a comeback will take time as De Zerbi continues to work with individual coaches.Speaking to football.london about where Kulusevski is in his rehabilitation, he said: “He’s working, he’s working not with the group, but with the individual coach. “I’m observing him a lot, because first of all, he suffers too much, and as a human situation, it’s been tough for him, and every one of us we are close with him for this period. “Then he’s a different player, he’s a special player, if he’s fit and he’s available, he’s a different player like Xavi Simons.”Kudus edging closer to return as Spurs remain cautious with KulusevskiIt is no surprise that Tottenham are being cautious with Kulusevski. The Swedish international has been out for a long time and would need to put in a lot of work to get back to his very best.However, while he continues his rehabilitation, De Zerbi did provide some positive news on another star who has been sidelined for over three months – Mohammed Kudus.The Ghana international also returned to outdoor training at the same time as Kulusevski, but De Zerbi revealed on Friday that Kudus is not far away from a return to first-team action.He said when speaking about the fitness of his squad: “Micky is not on the list tomorrow like Pedro Porro. James Maddison is inside [it], Solanke inside, Udogie, Fernandes also. Sarr not because he felt some pain, but nothing big. Kudus is almost ready.”READ MORE: Contrasting reports emerge on Tottenham receiving £15.4m bid for Pape Matar SarrThe post De Zerbi explains Dejan Kulusevski’s recovery as Mo Kudus nears Tottenham return appeared first on Spurs Web.