XAUUSD H1: The Rebound Is Not the Trade. The Retest Is.

Wait 5 sec.

XAUUSD H1: The Rebound Is Not the Trade. The Retest Is.GoldOANDA:XAUUSDNick_TitanInsightGold is trading near 4,286. And after a decline like this, the obvious question is: “Is 4,274 the bottom?” I think that is the wrong question. The better question is: What does Gold do after touching 4,274? Because on this H1 chart, the first bounce tells us very little. The move after the bounce tells us much more. Price has already given sellers an important advantage. The rejection near 4,365 was followed by a sharp decline, and Gold eventually broke the previous structure around 4,290. That BOS matters. It means I am not interested in blindly buying the current dip. But I am also not interested in chasing a SELL after price has already fallen this far. There is a better place to make the decision. 4,274 IS WHERE THE INTERVIEW STARTS Look at the current price. Gold is only a short distance above 4,273–4,274. This area sits near the bottom of the current H1 move and, more importantly, close to the previous swing-low territory around 4,260. That makes this entire neighborhood interesting: 4,260–4,274. But interesting does not mean BUY. I want Gold to enter this area first. Then I want to see who actually controls the exit. If price dips into 4,260–4,274, rejects the lows and climbs back above 4,290, sellers will have failed to extend the breakdown. That failure is my first bullish signal. 🟢 BUY PLAN — LET SELLERS FAIL FIRST I want this sequence: Gold trades into 4,260–4,274 → downside continuation fails → price reclaims 4,290 → H1 holds above 4,290 → BUY the retest. Entry: 4,286–4,292 SL: 4,258 TP1: 4,315 TP2: 4,330 TP3: 4,350–4,365 Why not simply buy at 4,274? Because catching the lowest possible price is not my objective. I would rather buy 15 dollars higher with evidence than buy the bottom with hope. And there is something waiting at the final target that cannot be ignored. THE CEILING SELLERS LEFT BEHIND The highlighted 4,350–4,365 Order Block is the most important upside area on today's chart. This is where the previous bullish attempt was rejected. After that rejection, price didn't just pull back. It broke structure to the downside. So if Gold eventually recovers from 4,274 and returns to this Order Block, I will not automatically assume the recovery continues. Quite the opposite. This is where sellers get another opportunity. 🔴 SELL PLAN A — SELL THE RETURN, NOT THE DROP Gold rebounds from the lows → reaches 4,350–4,365 → fails to close above 4,365 → bearish H1 reaction appears → SELL. Entry: 4,353–4,362 SL: 4,375 TP1: 4,330 TP2: 4,305 TP3: 4,275 This is a very different SELL from selling at 4,286. At 4,286, I would be chasing sellers toward support. At 4,355, I would be selling into the area where sellers previously proved themselves. Same bearish idea. Completely different location. BUT WHAT IF 4,274 DOESN'T BOUNCE? Then I don't fight it. If Gold produces an H1 close below 4,260, the support idea has failed. But again, I don't want to press SELL immediately after the breakdown. My preferred setup would be a return toward the broken area. 🔴 SELL PLAN B — THE FLOOR BECOMES THE ENTRY H1 closes below 4,260 → price rebounds toward 4,260–4,274 → buyers fail to recover 4,274 → SELL. Entry: 4,262–4,272 SL: 4,287 TP1: 4,245 TP2: 4,235 TP3: 4,220 This scenario is simple even for a new trader: Support breaks. Price comes back. Old support fails to become support again. That is when I want the short. Not during the panic candle. THERE IS ONE MORE POSSIBILITY Suppose the rebound becomes much stronger than expected. Gold recovers 4,290. Then 4,330. Then it reaches the 4,350–4,365 Order Block... And sellers cannot stop it. An H1 close above 4,365 changes the chart. At that point, the zone I wanted to SELL has failed. I would cancel the short idea and wait for 4,350–4,365 to be tested from above. If it holds: 🟢 BUY PLAN B — THE ORDER BLOCK FLIPS Entry: 4,355–4,365 after a confirmed H1 close above 4,365 SL: 4,338 TP1: 4,385 TP2: 4,399 TP3: 4,425–4,435 Now the larger Resistance Zone comes into play. That is where I would reassess rather than blindly expect another breakout. MY MAP FOR TODAY I don't need Gold to tell me whether it is “bullish” or “bearish.” I need Gold to answer four much smaller questions: Can 4,260–4,274 stop the decline? If yes, I watch 4,290 for the bullish reclaim. Can buyers recover 4,290? If yes, the rebound has room toward 4,330 and potentially 4,350–4,365. Can sellers defend 4,350–4,365? If yes, I have my preferred higher-price SELL. Can buyers break 4,365? If yes, I stop treating the Order Block as a selling area and start looking toward 4,399 and 4,425–4,435. That is the entire plan. I am not trying to guess the bottom at 4,286. I am waiting for the market to show whether 4,274 becomes a launchpad or simply another floor that breaks. Which would you rather trade today: the confirmed rebound from 4,274, or the retest of 4,350–4,365?