Liquidity Sweep Setup & Bearish Continuation Plan | XAUUSD 23/09

Wait 5 sec.

Liquidity Sweep Setup & Bearish Continuation Plan | XAUUSD 23/09GoldOANDA:XAUUSDAdrian_NovaTraderXAUUSD is currently trading around 4,359–4,360, with price recovering from the 4,300 area and pushing directly into the 4,360–4,375 liquidity zone. The H1 chart shows a clear conflict: short-term structure has recovered, but price is still trading below the major 4,390–4,400 H1 OB. Fundamentally, recent Fed communication remains a headwind for gold, while today’s calendar includes further Fed commentary and U.S. PMI data, which can increase intraday volatility. 🧠 Today's Directional Expectation My primary expectation for today is: Liquidity sweep β†’ rejection β†’ bearish continuation I expect price to potentially push deeper into 4,360–4,375 first. A temporary extension toward 4,385–4,400 is also possible because this area contains the H1 OB. The key point is what happens after that liquidity is taken. If price rejects the 4,360–4,400 area and produces bearish displacement on M10/M5, the next move could rotate toward 4,330, followed by 4,290 liquidity. So the projected intraday path is: 4,360–4,375 β†’ possible 4,390–4,400 sweep β†’ rejection β†’ 4,330 β†’ 4,290 πŸ“Œ Main Trading Plan Bearish Setup Entry Zone: 4,365–4,380 Preferred confirmation: M5/M10 bearish displacement + MSS after the liquidity sweep Stop Loss: 4,405 TP1: 4,330 TP2: 4,290 The entry should not be based purely on price reaching the zone. I want to see the liquidity taken and then a clear structural reaction before considering the setup. Why 4,365–4,380? This area sits directly around the marked H1 liquidity zone and below the larger 4,390–4,400 OB. A rejection from here would maintain the current bearish-range structure. 🎯 TP Logic TP1 β€” 4,330 This is the first important reaction area, combining the FIBO + Small OB shown on the chart. TP2 β€” 4,290 This is the lower liquidity marked on the chart and becomes the next objective if 4,330 fails to hold. The distance from the proposed entry around 4,370 gives approximately: Risk to SL: ~35 points TP1: ~40 points TP2: ~80 points ❌ Invalidation The bearish plan is invalidated if price achieves H1 acceptance above 4,400. A clean break and sustained hold above the H1 OB would indicate that the liquidity zone is no longer acting as resistance. In that situation, the next major area on the chart becomes: 4,420–4,430 BSL πŸ”„ Alternative Bullish Scenario If price does not reject 4,360–4,400 and instead establishes strong H1 acceptance above 4,400, I would abandon the bearish continuation idea. The next liquidity area would then be: 4,420–4,430 BSL This scenario requires clear acceptance above the H1 OB rather than simply a wick through 4,400. πŸ” Today's Key Levels 4,420–4,430 β†’ BSL 4,390–4,400 β†’ H1 OB / Bearish invalidation area 4,365–4,380 β†’ Main entry zone 4,360–4,375 β†’ Liquidity 4,330 β†’ TP1 / FIBO + Small OB 4,290 β†’ TP2 / Liquidity 4,255–4,265 β†’ Major Demand Zone 🐻 Final Bias Primary bias: Bearish The preferred structure for today is a liquidity sweep into 4,365–4,400 followed by bearish confirmation, with 4,330 as the first objective and 4,290 as the deeper liquidity draw. The most important level today is 4,400. Below it β†’ bearish continuation remains the primary plan. Above it with H1 acceptance β†’ bearish thesis is invalidated and 4,420–4,430 becomes the next area to monitor.