APLD: AI Growth vs. $6.4B Debt β€” Can Bulls Break Out?

Wait 5 sec.

APLD: AI Growth vs. $6.4B Debt β€” Can Bulls Break Out?Applied Digital CorporationBATS:APLDLostPigeonAPLD APLD is riding the AI data-center boom, but the next move depends on whether bullish momentum can overcome the market’s concerns about debt. Applied Digital reported quarterly revenue of $341.9M, up 322% year over year. Its HPC hosting business generated $262.6M in revenue, while approximately 1.41 GW of critical IT load is already under lease. With further data-center capacity coming online, the company has a clear growth opportunity. However, rapid expansion comes with a cost. A $6.4B debt burden raises questions about financing, execution and how much of that future growth will ultimately benefit shareholders. πŸ“Š Technical Outlook With APLD trading around $24 in pre-market, I’m watching whether buyers can turn the current rebound into a sustained breakout. Key levels: $24.40–$24.80: Near-term resistance. A confirmed breakout with strong volume would strengthen the bullish case. $25.40–$25.90: Potential upside targets if momentum continues. $23.80–$23.90: Initial support area. Holding above it would help maintain the short-term recovery structure. $22.60–$22.90: Important downside zone if selling pressure returns. 🎯 Trading Scenarios 🟒 Bullish scenario: If APLD breaks above $24.70 and successfully holds the level on a retest, the next areas to watch are $25.40 and $25.90. I would prefer to see expanding volume rather than chase a sudden pre-market spike. πŸ”΄ Bearish scenario: If price fails to clear $24.40–$24.70 and selling pressure increases, a pullback toward $23.85 becomes possible. A decisive break below that support could expose the $22.90 and $22.60 zones. πŸ’‘ My Takeaway APLD has a compelling long-term AI infrastructure narrative, but strong revenue growth does not automatically justify any valuation. The key question is whether new capacity and contracted demand can translate into sustainable cash flow while keeping financing risks under control. For now, I’m neutral to cautiously bullish above support, but I want to see confirmation before committing to a directional trade. A breakout with volume would favor the bulls; repeated rejection at resistance would keep the downside scenario in play.