Roberto De Zerbi makes huge statement on Tottenham playing for a draw vs Everton

Wait 5 sec.

Roberto De Zerbi has told his Tottenham players how he wants them to approach their game against Everton with their Premier League status on the line.With Spurs hosting Everton and West Ham hosting Leeds on the final day, there are nine possible permutations on how the two different games could play out.Eight of those will mean Tottenham stay up, and only one of those will mean the Lilywhites go down: An Everton win and a West Ham win.However, the Spurs boss has made it clear that he does not want those possibilities playing on the minds of his players ahead of their relegation showdown.Credit: @thefrederikkejensen / InstagramRoberto De Zerbi does not want Tottenham to change their style against EvertonTottenham have drawn both their home games under De Zerbi so far, and another draw will be enough for them to avert relegation.However, the Spurs boss does not want his players to change the way they approach the game or their style of play.When asked if his side will play for the win or if they will look to protect the draw, De Zerbi told Football.London: “We can’t change our style, our mentality, we have to play with order, with the right behaviour with the ball and without the ball, but we can’t change ourselves, because if we change ourselves or what we have done in my time, because I can’t speak before I came here, normally we have to be focused on the counter attack because we are very good in this part of football.“We have to be focused on their qualities because they have very good players, especially wingers and strikers, but I think also we have the qualities and the players good enough to play a good game and to stay up.”De Zerbi’s only focus is on ensuring Spurs everything against EvertonIf things do not go Tottenham’s way on Sunday, this set of players and staff will have the unfortunate distinction of being the first to relegate the North London club in nearly half a century.However, De Zerbi is not thinking about the outcome and is purely focused on ensuring that his side prepares in the best way and gives their all on Sunday.When asked how nervous he is and whether the clash against Everton is the biggest in his managerial career so far, the Italian responded: “Listen, I’ve lived the last 50 days just for Tottenham and for my players. I burn, I burn nervous and for me, nothing changes if we play a great game or not. I usually live football giving all of myself, I’m looking forward to playing tomorrow’s game and for me it’s tough to arrive but not the game, because if you are good with yourself, if you think you have given everything you can, you have to stay calm and stay positive.“In football you can win, you can lose but I usually think what I can give more for my players, what I have to give in these last two days to help my players to show all their qualities, what I can do to help them to play following their qualities but not for the game because I’m 47-years-old and I’m used to playing this type of games.”READ MORE: Three Everton stars spotted on late night out at strip club days before Tottenham clashThe post Roberto De Zerbi makes huge statement on Tottenham playing for a draw vs Everton appeared first on Spurs Web.