Iran reportedly rebuilding its military base faster than the US had predicted, including drone production.By World Israel News StaffIran has already restarted parts of its drone production during the ceasefire with the United States and Israel, raising concerns inside the US government that Tehran is recovering key military capabilities faster than previously expected, according to a CNN report based on US intelligence assessments.Two sources familiar with the intelligence told CNN that drone production had resumed during the six-week ceasefire that began in early April.Four sources said Iran’s broader military rebuilding effort, including missile sites, launchers and weapons-production capacity, is moving more quickly than early estimates suggested.“The Iranians have exceeded all timelines the IC had for reconstitution,” one US official told CNN, referring to the US intelligence community.The report undercuts public claims by US military officials that Operation Epic Fury left Iran unable to rebuild its missile and drone forces for years.Adm. Brad Cooper, the head of US Central Command, told the House Armed Services Committee on Tuesday that the campaign had “significantly degraded Iran’s ballistic missiles and drones while destroying 90% of their defense industrial base, ensuring Iran cannot reconstitute for years.”A Pentagon report on Cooper’s earlier testimony similarly said US operations had crippled Iran’s ability to project power.CNN reported that some US intelligence now estimates Iran could fully restore its drone attack capability in as little as six months. One source familiar with the assessments said the damage to Iran’s defense industrial base may have delayed parts of its rebuilding effort by months, not years.The intelligence picture matters because President Donald Trump has repeatedly threatened to resume strikes if talks with Iran fail.Trump warned this week that the United States was ready to launch additional attacks if Tehran did not agree to a peace deal, while also indicating he could wait several days for diplomacy.Iran’s drones are a particular concern for Israel and Gulf states because Tehran could use them to supplement a missile force that has been damaged but not destroyed.CNN reported that Iran still has thousands of drones, roughly half of its prewar drone capability, as well as remaining ballistic-missile, drone-attack and air-defense capacity.Recent US intelligence also indicates that more Iranian missile launchers survived than previously reported.CNN said an earlier assessment found that roughly half of Iran’s launchers remained intact after US strikes, while a more recent report put the figure at about two-thirds. Some of those launchers may still be inaccessible because they were buried by strikes but not destroyed.US Central Command declined to comment to CNN on intelligence matters.Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell said in a statement that “America’s military is the most powerful in the world and has everything it needs to execute at the time and place of the President’s choosing.”“We have executed multiple successful operations across combatant commands while ensuring the U.S. military possesses a deep arsenal of capabilities to protect our people and our interests,” Parnell said.The post Iran rapidly reconstituting its military-industrial base, defying expectations – report appeared first on World Israel News.