美司法部起诉古巴前总统卡斯特罗,特朗普施压行动升级

Wait 5 sec.

ALAN FEUER, FRANCES ROBLES, DAVID C. ADAMS2026年5月21日古巴前领导人劳尔·卡斯特罗遭美国起诉之时,该国正面临国内及发电厂石油供应耗尽的困境。 Ismael Francisco/Associated PressThe Justice Department announced charges on Wednesday against Raúl Castro, the 94-year-old former president of Cuba, accusing him of murder and a conspiracy to kill American citizens stemming from the fatal downing 30 years ago of two planes over waters off the coast of his country.美国司法部周三宣布,起诉现年94岁的古巴前领导人劳尔·卡斯特罗,指控他犯有谋杀罪以及阴谋杀害美国公民罪,案件源于30年前古巴海域上空两架飞机被击落事件。The indictment, issued in Federal District Court in Miami, was an extraordinary escalation of the Trump administration’s multifaceted pressure campaign against Cuba’s Communist government at a moment when President Trump has been seeking to topple it.这份由迈阿密联邦地区法院公布的起诉书标志着特朗普政府对古巴共产党政权多层面施压行动的一次重大升级,而特朗普本人一直试图推翻该政府。The charges brought to bear on Mr. Castro, the brother of Fidel Castro, the vast powers of the U.S. criminal justice system, saddling him with a possible maximum penalty of life in prison. They also raised the possibility that the United States could be paving the way for its military to remove him from the country through a means similar to how U.S. Special Operations forces used an indictment against Nicolás Maduro, the former leader of Venezuela, to swoop into Caracas in a brazen operation in January and capture him.针对菲德尔·卡斯特罗的弟弟劳尔·卡斯特罗提出的这些指控使其面临美国刑事司法体系最严厉的追责力量,最高可能被判终身监禁。此举还引发了一种可能性,即美国可能正在为军方将其从该国清除出去铺平道路——其方式类似于今年1月,美国特种作战部队利用对委内瑞拉前领导人尼古拉斯·马杜罗的起诉书发动了一次大胆行动,突袭加拉加斯并将其抓获。The indictment, which also accused five fighter pilots involved in the attack on the planes, was secretly returned last month by a federal grand jury and built on earlier charges, first filed in 2003, against one of them.这份起诉书同时指控了参与袭击的五名战斗机飞行员,上月由一个联邦大陪审团秘密提交,其内容是在2003年首次针对其中一名飞行员提出的早期指控基础上发展而来的。At a news conference in Miami, the acting attorney general, Todd Blanche, and Jason A. Reding Quiñones, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida, accused Mr. Castro and the pilots of killing four people when the Cuban military shot down the planes on the afternoon of Feb. 24, 1996. The planes were operated by Brothers to the Rescue, a Cuban exile group that often scoured the seas for Cubans fleeing the country.在迈阿密举行的新闻发布会上,代理司法部长托德·布兰奇和佛罗里达州南区联邦检察官杰森·雷丁·基尼奥内斯指控,1996年2月24日下午,古巴军队击落两架飞机,劳尔·卡斯特罗与上述飞行员对四人的死亡负有责任。这两架飞机属于古巴流亡者组织“兄弟救援会”,该组织长期在海上搜寻逃离古巴的难民。Fidel Castro took responsibility for downing the planes shortly after they were brought from the sky, claiming that the organization had been dropping anti-regime leaflets over Havana in earlier flights. The indictment said that Raúl Castro was also responsible because he and his brother were “the final decision makers” in the Cuban military chain of command.菲德尔·卡斯特罗在飞机被击落后不久便公开承担责任,声称该组织此前曾多次驾机飞越哈瓦那上空投撒反政府传单。起诉书称,劳尔·卡斯特罗同样难辞其咎,因为兄弟俩是古巴军事指挥链中的“最终决策者”。Mr. Blanche portrayed the charges against Mr. Castro as a historic step toward holding the leaders of Cuba’s government accountable for its past wrongs.布兰奇将针对劳尔·卡斯特罗的指控描述为追究古巴政府领导人过往罪责的历史性一步。“My message today is clear,” he said. “The United States and President Trump does not — and will not — forget its citizens.”“我今天要传达的信息很明确,”他说。“美国和特朗普总统不会——也永远不会——忘记自己的公民。”Mr. Blanche sidestepped questions about whether the indictment was a prelude to U.S. military action, saying that the decision rested with Mr. Trump and his foreign policy team. Mr. Trump himself refused to say on Wednesday whether he would use the military to extract Mr. Castro from Cuba, telling reporters, “I don’t want to say that.”被问及起诉书是否为美国军事行动的前奏时,布兰奇避而不答,表示决定权在特朗普及其外交政策团队手中。特朗普本人周三也拒绝回应是否会动用军事力量将卡斯特罗带离古巴,仅对记者说:“我不想谈这个。”Beyond military force, however, there were not many options to get Mr. Castro to the United States to face charges. Mr. Blanche said that a warrant had been issued for his arrest, though it was unlikely that the Cubans would turn him over. In a statement, Mr. Blanche nonetheless said he expected Mr. Castro to eventually show up in the United States, whether “by his own will or another way.”不过,除了军事手段之外,美国其实几乎没有太多办法能让劳尔·卡斯特罗前往美国受审。布兰奇表示,法院已经签发了逮捕令,但古巴方面不太可能将他交出。不过布兰奇在声明中仍表示,他预计劳尔·卡斯特罗最终会出现在美国,“不管是自愿还是以其他方式”。The Cuban government, in a statement, rebuked the United States.古巴政府发表声明,对美国提出强烈谴责。“It is highly cynical for this accusation to be made by the very same government that has murdered nearly 200 people and destroyed 57 vessels in international waters of the Caribbean and the Pacific, far from United States territory, through the disproportionate use of military force,” it said.声明称:“提出这种指控极其虚伪,因为正是这个政府,在远离美国本土的加勒比海和太平洋国际海域过度使用军事力量,造成近200人死亡,摧毁了57艘船只。”Since retaking office, President Trump has made no secret of his desire to expand U.S. territory and oust leaders he dislikes. After the successful military operation in Venezuela and the so far unsuccessful efforts to secure Greenland or the Panama Canal, Mr. Trump has made it clear that Cuba is his next target.自重返白宫以来,特朗普总统从未掩饰自己扩大美国领土、赶走其不喜欢的领导人的意图。在成功对委内瑞拉采取军事行动,以及迄今尚未成功夺取格陵兰和巴拿马运河之后,特朗普已经明确表示,古巴将成为他的下一个目标。Cuba is facing a moment of rising crisis as the country’s oil supplies for domestic use and power plants have been exhausted after Mr. Trump effectively imposed a blockade on fuel shipments from any country. On Wednesday, the aircraft carrier Nimitz and its escort warships entered the southern Caribbean Sea, where it is expected to remain for at least a few days, according to the military’s Southern Command and a U.S. official.由于特朗普实质上切断了任何国家对古巴的燃料供应,古巴国内及发电厂的石油供应已经耗尽,该国正面临日益严重的危机。周三,美国“尼米兹”号航母及其护航舰队进入加勒比海南部海域。根据美军南方司令部和一名美国官员的说法,该航母预计将在当地停留至少数天。The indictment also followed an unusual visit by John Ratcliffe, the C.I.A. director, who met with senior Cuban officials, including Mr. Castro’s grandson, about a week ago. In the talks, he warned the government that it had to make economic changes and stop allowing Russia and China to operate intelligence posts on its soil.此次起诉还发生在中央情报局局长约翰·拉特克利夫不寻常的古巴之行约一周后——他与古巴高层官员举行了会面,其中包括卡斯特罗之孙。在会谈中,他警告古巴政府必须推进经济改革,并停止允许俄罗斯和中国在其领土上运营情报站。In the 30 years since the planes were downed, Cuban American lawmakers, exile activists, survivors of the episode and family members of the victims have called for Raúl Castro, who was the minister of defense at the time, to be criminally charged. But Mr. Blanche had little to say when asked by reporters why an indictment in the case had been returned now.在两架飞机被击落后的30年里,古巴裔美国议员、流亡活动人士、事件的幸存者以及遇难者家属一直呼吁对当时担任国防部长的劳尔·卡斯特罗提起刑事指控。但当记者问及为何现在才对此案提出起诉时,布兰奇并未作出太多解释。In a Feb. 13 letter to Mr. Trump, four Republican members of Congress requested that the Justice Department consider indicting Mr. Castro. The letter cited news reports indicating that he had approved the shoot-downs, which the members called “coldblooded murders.”在2月13日致特朗普的一封信中,四名共和党国会议员要求司法部考虑起诉劳尔·卡斯特罗。信中援引新闻报道,称其批准了击落行动,并称其为“冷血谋杀”。“We believe unequivocally that Raúl Castro is responsible for this heinous crime,” the lawmakers wrote. “It is time for him to be brought to justice.”“我们毫不怀疑,劳尔·卡斯特罗应为这一令人发指的罪行承担责任,”议员们写道。“是时候将他绳之以法了。”In an interview this year, José Basulto, who ran Brothers to the Rescue, complained that U.S. authorities had not yet acted to hold Mr. Castro accountable.在今年的一次采访中,“兄弟救援会”的负责人何塞·巴苏尔托抱怨美国当局迟迟未采取行动追究卡斯特罗的责任。“Believe me, the thing which is most true is that for 30 years that has elapsed since then, the delay in justice has been the biggest injustice that has taken place,” he said.“相信我,这30年来最真切的现实就是,迟来的正义本身就是最大的不公,”他说。Maggie Khuly, 80, the sister of one of the four dead Cuban Americans who were shot down on Feb. 24, 1996, called the charges bittersweet. “It’s good in that justice in our case seems to be progressing,” she said. “It’s bitter in the sense that it’s taking 30 years and you know no good justice would ever be achieved unless we have our dead people back, which is impossible.”玛吉·库利今年80岁,是1996年2月24日遇难的四名古巴裔美国人之一的姐妹。她表示,指控让她百感交集。“就我们的案件而言,正义似乎在进展,这是好的方面,”她说。“令人心酸的是,这一等就是30年。而且,无论如何,真正的正义都不可能实现,除非我们的亲人能够回来——但那已经不可能了。”Jack Nicas、Tyler Pager和Eric Schmitt对本文有报道贡献。Alan Feuer为时报报道极端主义和政治暴力问题,重点关注1月6日国会大厦袭击事件和针对特朗普总统的刑事案件。Frances Robles是《纽约时报》记者,报道拉丁美洲和加勒比新闻。她报道该地区已超过25年。翻译:杜然点击查看本文英文版。