Newcastle squad needs ‘adjustments’ in transfer window, says Jaissle

Wait 5 sec.

Matthias Jaissle acknowledged the need for "adjustments" to his Newcastle United squad before the transfer window shuts, revealing the club are aligned on getting deals done. It's been a difficult summer off the pitch for Newcastle so far, following on from a disappointing 2025-26 campaign when they finished 12th in the Premier League. Sandro Tonali has joined Tottenham for £100m, Bruno Guimaraes has left for Arsenal, and Anthony Gordon swapped Tyneside for Catalonia after linking up with Barcelona. Eddie Howe has also departed after five years in the role, resulting in Jaissle's appointment, but the Magpies have tried to fill in the gaps left by those aforementioned names.Ewen Jaouen, Bazoumana Toure, Sean Steur, Aladji Bamba, Lukas Hornicek and Amar Dedic have all arrived at Newcastle, but Jaissle stressed the need for more incomings."I would love to answer that with a clear number, but it depends on if players are leaving as well," Jaissle told Sky Sports when asked how many more signings he would like. "For sure, there will be adjustments made, the needs are clear. The management knows about the needs and we are all aligned."We will use the remaining time [in the transfer window] in the best possible way, but we also trust the players who are already here."Of Newcastle's seven summer signings, four are under the age of 21, with Steur, who was signed from Ajax, only being 18. And Jaissle has asked for time for them to adapt to the rigours of the Premier League, adding: "You know that usually you need to have the adaptation time, therefore I said that you need to be patient with them and give them the time. It's always a process. "We should not give them too much pressure in the beginning. It's a goal of the club to work with young talent, to develop them and that is nice to see because that's a clear identity of the club."That's also the reason why I'm here, because I'm used to working with young talents in my time in Salzburg and I also used to work with stars in Saudi Arabia, so it's a great fit, and you can build on something."Newcastle begin their Premier League campaign at home to Liverpool this Sunday, a team they are winless against in their last 19 Premier League games (D5 L14).The Magpies have not lost their opening league game in any of the last four seasons (W3 D1) since losing 4-2 to West Ham in 2021-22, though, and Jaissle insisted that his team were ready to take on Liverpool. "You are aware, like I am, that we need to fix things in a short amount of time," Jaissle said."The timing was not ideal, but in football you cannot always have the perfect timing, so we need to do the best out of it."In a short amount of time, we need to be efficient, we need to implement the philosophy as much as possible, how the lads should enter the pitch and deliver the messages."They are doing an amazing job so far. They are really committed, they learn fast, but it will be a process."We are for sure not 100 per cent against Liverpool, but with the fans in the back, with the support from the stands, we can do special things here at St James' Park. I could feel that already in the friendly matches."The post Newcastle squad needs ‘adjustments’ in transfer window, says Jaissle appeared first on SoccerNews.