Roberto De Zerbi reacts to Savinho rumours and insists Tottenham want more transfers

Wait 5 sec.

Tottenham boss Roberto De Zerbi has addressed the Lilywhites’ pursuit of Savinho following reports of a Spurs breakthrough.Tottenham Hotspur look to have finally made a breakthrough in their pursuit of Savinho this summer transfer window.After a year-long transfer saga, respected transfer expert Fabrizio Romano gave the move his ‘here we go’ seal of approval yesterday night.It is understood that Tottenham have reached a verbal agreement with Man City that will see Savinho complete his move to north London for over £75m.This report came after it was revealed on Thursday that Man City themselves have identified Palmerias Allan as a potential replacement for the Spurs target.Photo by Dan Mullan/Getty ImagesRoberto De Zerbi addresses Tottenham’s pursuit of SavinhoFollowing the latest breakthrough Roberto De Zerbi has now spoken on Tottenham’s final 11 days of the summer transfer window.Earlier in the summer, the Italian made it clear that Spurs are focused on landing their top targets this year, and given their year-long pursuit of the Brazilian, there is every reason to believe he is one of them.Speaking to football.london, De Zerbi was asked about Savinho’s impending arrival, but he kept his cards close to his chest. However, he does insist that Spurs want even more transfers.He said: “It’s not right to speak about players until they are official. Just to say I’m very happy. “We have not finished in the transfer market. It’s an important part. So far we have brought in some great players, great spirit and great personality. “You know better than me you don’t win the games with big names and big players, you have to deserve to win the game. To do that, we have to reach the level in character, intention and value and style of play.”Spurs still pushing for Marmoush as Savinho deal nears completionWhile Savinho’s move to Tottenham Hotspur is close to being completed, reports have it that the Lilywhites are still not done in the transfer market.Spurs remain interested in City forward Omar Marmoush, and it is understood they are actively working on securing a deal for the versatile forward as well.The Lilywhites and the Egyptian are said to have agreed on personal terms, while Tottenham continue to have positive talks with City.As for Savinho, reports claim that Spurs are racing against time to get the Brazilian registered ahead of the Brentford clash.READ MORE: Tottenham finally have some good news on Destiny Udogie ahead of Brentford clashThe post Roberto De Zerbi reacts to Savinho rumours and insists Tottenham want more transfers appeared first on Spurs Web.