Tottenham fans worry about falling into ‘gullible’ trap after ‘unbelievable bomba’

Wait 5 sec.

Tottenham Hotspur fans are sceptical about their club’s chances of completing deals for Manchester City duo Omar Marmoush and Savinho.The summer transfer window is nearing its end with less than two weeks left before it slams shut. So far, Spurs have been one of the busier sides, having already signed six players for £237 million to bolster their midfield and defence.However, Tottenham are not done in the transfer market, with attention expected to turn to bolstering their attacking ranks. Spurs remain short at the top end of the pitch, with injuries sidelining several of their key players, including Mohammed Kudus, Dejan Kulusevski, Xavi Simons and Wilson Odobert.Injured playerInjuryPotential ReturnWilson OdobertKneeNovember 2026Dejan KulusevskiKneeSeptember 2026Mohammed KudusQuadAugust 2026Xavi SimonsKnee2027Dominic SolankeFitnessSoonMicky Van de VenFitnessSoonDestiny UdogieFitnessSoonOmar Marmoush, Savinho and Cody Gakpo are understood to be the top targets in attack for the Lilywhites, with reports from yesterday stating that talks are advancing between Spurs and Manchester City over a deal for their two attackers.Photo by James Gill – Danehouse/Getty ImagesTottenham fans react to Omar Marmoush and Savinho reportsThese reports have now made their way to Tottenham fans, who have been quick to give their reactions. Many supporters of the Lilywhites are eager to see a deal finalised, while some sections of the fan base are taking the latest updates with a pinch of salt.Reacting to the news, one fan said: “Unbelievable bomba but I’ll believe it when it happens. Ornstein loves dunking on us with these”Another then added, taking a swipe at ENIC: “gullible spurs fans ain’t you lot learnt about enic over the years?? Double deal my ae this WONT HAPPEN!!! What will happen is we tried and tried to get it over the line but unfortunately we ran out of time to seal the deal!! Bookmark this tweet I’ve followed Tottenham for 40 years they are full of st!!!”A third was sarcastic, commenting: “No way we’re working on Savinho? Mental” The skepticism continued with one more fan stating: “Sounds like Bollox , but we can but pray”However, it was not all negative, with one fan commenting: “This will hit different if we manage to pull both. Please make it happen”One more added: “Finally a bomba. Would be delighted with those two. Guessing Gakpo not a goer but love Marmoush as the alternative. Unless Sav and Gakpo are the wingers and Marmoush the striker so all 3?”Another fan commented: “Fully love the idea of this. That type of central forward is ideal for De Zerbi. And I’ve said since last summer that Savinho imo has an extremely high ceiling. Be fabulous to get these two in 🙌”While a final supporter commented: “Savinho + Marmoush to Tottenham? 🔥 This would be a statement attacking window. Two explosive players who can bring pace, creativity, and goals.”💣 #Tottenham Hotspur working on double deal to sign Savinho & Omar Marmoush from Manchester City. Not done, but talks advancing.[@David_Ornstein] 🥇 pic.twitter.com/v3cDmtNHo1— Tottenham Tiers (@TottenhamTiers) August 19, 2026Savinho and Marmoush could take Spurs’ spending towards £400 millionTottenham’s pursuit of Savinho and Marmoush is expected to cost them a whopping £150 million, according to new reports.That figure will then take their transfer spend this summer close to £400 million, the highest amount spent in a single transfer window in Spurs’ history.That amount could go even higher should Tottenham also pursue a move for Cody Gakpo. Reports have it that Spurs are looking to sign two wingers and a striker before the summer window slams shut.Tottenham fans have since expressed their dissatisfaction with the lack of forward signings, but should Spurs manage to sign these three players, there is every reason to believe that many fans will be back onside.READ MORE: What Man City think about Tottenham’s late pursuit of Omar MarmoushThe post Tottenham fans worry about falling into ‘gullible’ trap after ‘unbelievable bomba’ appeared first on Spurs Web.