Gold Outlook: Has the Market Formed a Higher Low?

Wait 5 sec.

Gold Outlook: Has the Market Formed a Higher Low?GoldOANDA:XAUUSDMihai_IacobAs I have consistently explained since last week, my outlook for Gold was bearish, and I expected the market to trade lower. Even in yesterday’s analysis, I noted that although a spike above 4200 was entirely possible, I viewed such a move as a correction—not the beginning of a genuine bullish reversal. Once that correction was complete, I expected the broader decline to resume. That is precisely what happened. Gold pushed above 4200, reached the selling area and subsequently reversed to the downside. Why I Closed the Short Trade The decline continued overnight but stopped around 4140. I closed my short position at 4160 for approximately 450 pips of profit. Initially, I was targeting a larger move, potentially including another challenge of the 4100 area and lower. However, trading is not about becoming emotionally attached to the original target. When the price develops differently from the expected scenario, the position must be reassessed. The rejection from 4140 introduced a new possibility: Gold may have formed a higher low relative to Monday’s bottom. That possibility was the main reason behind my decision to secure the profit and step away from the trade. Is 4140 a Genuine Higher Low? Monday’s decline established an important local low around the 4110–4115 area. Yesterday’s correction above 4200 was followed by another sell-off, but this time buyers entered around 4140, before the market could retest Monday’s low. Structurally, this creates the possibility of a higher low. However, a higher low cannot be confirmed simply because the price stopped above the previous bottom. At this stage, 4140 is only a potential higher low. For the structure to become meaningfully bullish, buyers must prove that they can do more than temporarily defend support. They must also reclaim resistance and sustain the price above it. The 4200 Confirmation Level The key level is once again 4200. A move above 4200 alone would not be enough. Gold has recently produced numerous spikes through important levels without maintaining direction. For the higher-low scenario to gain credibility, I want to see genuine buying pressure above 4200: - The price must break above the level. - Buyers must prevent an immediate rejection. - Gold must begin accepting prices above it. - Pullbacks must be defended rather than collapsing back below resistance. If this happens, the sequence would become much more constructive: Monday’s low, a recovery, a higher low around 4140 and then sustained trading above 4200. That would represent an early structural shift in favor of buyers. The Bearish Scenario Has Not Disappeared Closing my short position does not automatically mean that I have become bullish. The higher low is still unconfirmed, and Gold remains inside an unstable structure. If the price fails once again around 4200 and subsequently breaks below 4140, the bullish argument would weaken considerably. A fall below 4140 would expose Monday’s low around 4110–4115. A genuine break beneath that area would restore the bearish continuation scenario and open the way toward lower prices. This leaves Gold between two important reference points: - Above 4200 with acceptance: confirmation of the potential higher low and a stronger bullish case. - Below 4140: renewed bearish pressure and another possible test of 4100 and lower. - Between 4140 and 4200: an unclear area with no decisive advantage for either side. Trading Perspective At this moment, I am out of the market. I closed the short position because the price action around 4140 changed the immediate equation. Holding for a larger target while a potential higher low was developing no longer made sense to me. At the same time, I am not interested in buying before Gold proves that buyers can sustain the price above 4200. The market may rise from here, or the recovery may fail and produce another bearish leg. I do not need to anticipate which scenario will win while the price remains trapped between the confirmation and invalidation levels. Conclusion Yesterday’s move unfolded largely as expected: Gold spiked above 4200, completed its correction and reversed lower. However, the decline stopped at 4140, creating the possibility of a higher low relative to Monday’s bottom. That possibility was strong enough for me to close my short at 4160 with approximately 450 pips of profit. The next confirmation must come from the buyers. Sustained trading above 4200 would support the higher-low scenario. A break below 4140 would return the pressure toward 4100. Until one side proves its case, I am out of the market and waiting for a clearer setup.