Sri Lanka Navy relief teams on high alert for possible flood emergency
As the inclement weather is looming, the Sri Lanka Navy has deployed relief teams in certain areas in the Southern Province, to provide assistance and support to those who may be affected by flood on 14th May 2023.
Following the directives of the Commander of the Navy, Vice Admiral Priyantha Perera, the Southern Naval Command has sent relief teams to Galle, Akuressa, Kotapola, Nagoda, Thawalama, Kamburupitiya and Athuraliya areas, to ensure a coordinated and effective response.
The Navy has sent relief teams to Galle and Matara districts as the floods caused by the overflow of Gin Ganga and Nilwala River. These teams are now prepared to assist the affected people with the necessary relief.
Moreover, additional Navy relief teams are kept on standby to be deployed at will, to render assistance to the general public, if they are being affected by floods.
- Sri Lanka braces for dengue epidemic in the future
- X-Press Pearl : Fanciful or realistic claim | Dharshani Lahandapura in conversation with Faraz Shauketaly
- Sri Lanka Navy relief teams on high alert for possible flood emergency
- Several schools closed due to extreme weather
- Imran Khan’s Arrest Ignites Deadly Protests, Unleashing a Battle for Democracy and the Call for Immediate Elections