Crystal Palace have agreed a fee of around £23million with Toulouse for defender Jaydee Canvot, talkSPORT understands.The Eagles see Canvot as a long-term replacement for Marc Guehi, who has been continually linked with a move away from Selhurst Park, with Liverpool among those interested.GettyJaydee Canvot has made 20 Ligue 1 appearances overall[/caption]While personal terms are yet to be agreed with Canvot, his departure would make him a club-record sale for his current employers.Capped by France at Under-20 level, the centre-back has caught the eye after an impressive breakthrough season in Ligue 1.The 19-year-old made 16 appearances in all competitions for Toulouse last term, after establishing himself as a regular starter midway through the season.From January onwards, Canvot started 14 of his side’s 19 remaining league games, prompting interest from other Premier League clubs.The Athletic reported in July that Aston Villa had had an initial bid rejected for the youngster, amid interest from other suitors.And while Palace have one eye on the future by looking to bring Canvot to south London, they may still have their first-choice centre-back option available in the meantime.What is Marc Guehi’s future at Crystal Palace?Despite Liverpool being keen on captain Guehi, Eagles boss Oliver Glasner has insisted he must stay at the club this transfer window.talkSPORT understands that the England international is happy to see out the final year of his Palace contract, and Glasner insisted he wants the 25-year-old to stay.Speaking in a press conference, he said: “From my side, and now it’s Friday and the window closes on Monday, he has to [stay].“Because it’s not possible, I think, to find a Marc Guehi replacement who can play straight [away] in the Premier League, being a starter for Crystal Palace and being consistent.AFPCanvot has been capped four times by France at U20 level[/caption]Guehi guided Crystal Palace to a first-ever major trophy with FA Cup glory in MayGetty“The foundation of the success we’ve had over the last couple of months is our defence, and Marc is a crucial part of that.“He is the captain, he is an England international, he has the most Premier League experience in the back-four.“For me, getting the right replacement in now is almost impossible. He shows in every game that he’s focused.“If Marc had said he wanted to leave Crystal Palace, it would have happened weeks ago. Marc is fully committed to the team.”Liverpool previously held exploratory talks with Palace over a summer swoop for Guehi.They viewed the Englishman as extra competition for Virgil van Dijk and Ibrahima Konate, but several factors have put his departure on hold.GettyGlasner stressed that his captain is unlikely to leave Selhurst Park before the transfer window closes on Monday[/caption]Palace value Guehi at around £40m, while he also wants regular game time this season, with the World Cup to come next summer.This transfer window has already seen Glasner’s side lose star performer Eberechi Eze to Arsenal, while they have made just two signings.Croatian left-back Borna Sosa joined the club from Ajax on a three-year deal, as well as Argentine goalkeeper Walter Benitez.